Portugal Golden Visa
The new regulations offer non EU Citizens, a simple and fast way for property investors to receive a Five Year Residence Permit (Portugal Golden visa). The Portugal Golden Visa permit allows free travel in SCHENGEN countries as well as being able to work or study in Portugal. Additionally, there is the opportunity for a European Passport or permanent residency in the 6th year.
A programme overview is provided below but for more information on Portuguese Residency for Property Investment (Portugal Golden visa), please contact us
Portugal Golden Visa : Qualifying investments
Investments maintained for a minimum of 5 years)
- Property Investments - Acquisition of Properties above € 500,000 in total. (Request property portfolio)
- Capital Investments - Transfer of Funds above € 1,000,000.
- Job Creation - Creation of a minimum of 10 jobs.
Portugal Golden Visa : Property Investments – Legal Information
- Acquisition of Properties above € 500,000 purchased after 8th October 2012.
- Acquisition completed before the application for residency permit.
- Properties acquired free from any charges or mortgages.
- Minimum stays in Portugal – 7 days first year & 14 days following periods of 2 years.
- Residency Application made within a maximum of 90 days after entry in Portugal.
- Residency Permit granted for an initial period of 1 year & renewed for periods of 2 years.
- Possibility of permanent residency after year 5 and nationality one year later
Bearers of Investor Residency Permits may travel freely in the Schengen area.
Portugal Golden Visa : Additional Information
- Possibility of co-ownership with each co-owner making a minimum investment of € 500,000;
- Promissory Contracts of Purchase and Sale are acceptable for the initial investor residency application, provided that a deposit of a minimum of € 500,000 is paid. In this event, the purchase of the property needs to be effected until the time of the first renewal of the residency permit.
- Possibility of financing to purchase the property above the € 500,000 investment;
- The properties acquired can be freely rented and let for commercial, agricultural and tourism purposes;
Portuguese Residency For Property Investments (Portugal Golden Visa) – Documents & requirements
- Valid Passport and Schengen Visa.
- Valid travel document and medical insurance for EU / Portugal.
- Updated property documents showing ownership of property.
- Proof of means of income and proof of address.
- Absence of criminal conviction and of interdiction to enter the country.
- Absence of notice from the Portuguese Immigration Authorities or Schengen Services.
- Declaration from the investor confirming compliance with the investment requirements.
Portuguese Residency For Property Investments (Portugal Golden Visa) – Typical Application costs paid to the Immigration and Borders Services
- Initial application - € 517.40
- Issue of Investor Residency Permit - € 5,173.60
- Renewal of Investor Residency Permit - € 2,586.80
- Issue of Portuguese Residency Permit for Family Members - € 5,173.60
- Renewal of Portuguese Residency Permit for Family Members - € 2,586.80
For more information on Portuguese Residency for Property Investment (Portugal Golden visa). Call +351 919 464 002 or email us using the Contact Us page